- Develop and maintain a solid backbone for a rapidly scaling, global SaaS product
- Look into the future: pioneer new methods for cloud-based SaaS products that balance data privacy, security, stability, and growth
- Research, design, and implement an infrastructure strategy
- Work closely with product development, business, and design teams to ensure infrastructure choices are coherent with the big picture
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to make infrastructure workflows accessible and actionable for non-technical teams.
- Independent & ambitious. You're a trusted go-to.
- Excited to support, enable, and unblock obstacles for others.
- Able to divide highly complex problems and long-term initiatives into iterative product releases that move us forward in every bi-weekly sprint.
If you’re familiar with most of these technologies (or similar) in production environments, you’ll feel right at home.
- Experience with deployment and operation of Node JS and Angular applications
- Continuous integration and delivery with GitLab CI
- Configuration management and provisioning with Terraform
- Container orchestration via Dokku
- A strong background in web application security principles
- General GNU/Linux sysadmin skills (e.g., scripting, networking, virtual machines, containers, SSH)
- Single-Sign On with AD/LDAP, SAML 2.0, OAuth 2.0 via major providers (e.g. Microsoft Azure, Google Workspace, Okta).
- PostgreSQL database management
- Google Cloud Platform: App Engine, Cloud SQL, Cloud Storage (S3-like file storage), Monitoring
- Automated transactional emailing (e.g. Mailgun)
- Education: Degree (Bachelor, Masters) in Computer Science/Engineering or related. If formal education wasn’t your thing, equivalent DevOps experience on real-world web products.
- Language: English. Bonus if fluent in additional languages.
- Inclusion: We want to mix things up. Ideally, you're a member of an under-represented group.
- Location: Remote. Anywhere in the world, preferably in time zones between GMT -7 and +7.
- Minimum level of employment: 50%.